ADC Home > Reference Library > Technical Q&As > Legacy Documents > Printing >
Important: This document is part of the Legacy section of the ADC Reference Library. This information should not be used for new development.
Current information on this Reference Library topic can be found here:
Technical Q&A QD39
GrayShare Software Update
Q: What are the key features of the Grayshare Software Update?
A: The key features of this Update include:
- Printer Sharing so you can easily share your StyleWriter or Personal
LaserWriter LS in a diverse network environment consisting of LocalTalk,
EtherTalk and TokenTalk.
- GrayScale printing for high-quality images.
- New driver architecture for more efficient printing.
- Broad-range support: this driver upgrade supports five printers, the
StyleWriter, StyleWriter II, Personal LaserWriter LS, LaserWriter Select 300,
and the Personal LaserWriter 300.
The GrayShare Software Update disk contains:
- Chooser (7.3)
- LaserWriter 300 (1.2)
- Printer Share (1.1)
- StyleWriter II (1.2)
- Read Me file
Here are the versions of the software a customer needs:
- StyleWriter II (1.2) - For StyleWriter and owners.
- LaserWriter 300 (1.2) - For the LaserWriter Select 300, Personal
LaserWriter 300, and Personal LaserWriter LS.
- Printer Share (1.1) - If you are using Printer Share 1.0, or have a StyleWriter or LaserWriter LS.
How to get the software:
The GrayShare Software Update is available here.
[Dec 07 1995]